2. How to put out an electrical or oil fire
Electrical fires and oil fires are different from forest fires, so using water to put them out is not effective.
- Leave the pot where it is and don’t try to move it.
- Turn off your oven. Put on an oven mitt to protect your skin.
- Cover the flame with a metal lid, but avoid using a ceramic one.
- Use baking soda to put out small fires. Salt can also work, but don’t use baking powder.
- Don’t swat at a fire with a towel or any fabric. Don’t use water either.
3. How to behave while having a heart attack
If you recognize any symptoms of a heart attack or just have a suspicion that you may be experiencing one, do the following.
- Stop what you’re doing, especially if you’re driving or exercising.
- Call emergency services first, then a friend or relative.
- Sit down with your knees bent upward to improve circulation. Your tailbone should be placed several inches away from the wall. Don’t try to stay up.
- Take slow, deep breaths.